Hunting & Fishing Licenses
Hunting and fishing licenses are required for Alabama residents 16 years old and under the age of 65 and non-residents 16 years and older. A current valid Alabama Drivers License is required to purchas a resident hunting license. Those with a non-driver identification may purchase a resident fishing license with one of the following:
- Certificate of employment if containing proof of permanent residence.
- Copy of home property tax.
- Copy of previous year’s tax return(mailing address only)
- Health insurance forms with address; Medicate etc.
- The last three months of an utility bill with mailing address.
- Student ID plus copy of residence agreement or any other proof of residence listed.
- Military personnel with an out-of-state drivers license must have a copy of order of assignment to Alabama for a minimum of 30 days or have Alabama as home of record (HOR)
- Health insurance card with address.
- Telephone calling cards with address.
- Copy of school registration for non-driving students.
- Voter registration
- Other legal documents that may establish residence after approval by the Conservation Department.
NON-DRIVER IDENTIFICATION CARD ISSUED BY THE DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY IS NOT ACCEPTABLE PROOF OF RESIDENCE.
ALL PERSONS BORN ON OR AFTER AUGUST 1, 1977, MUST BE A CERTIFIED HUNTER EDUCATION COURSE GRADUATE BEFORE BUYING A HUNTING LICENSE.
INFORMATION FOR THE HUNTER EDUCATION COURSE CAN BE OBTAINED BY CALLING 334-361-7273 (AUTAUGA) OR 334-243620.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION CONCERNING CONSERVATION GO TO http://www.outdooralabama.com/